Thursday, July 9, 2015

Plodding along, turtle style

As the title suggests, I'm still on my journey of trying to find a place that suits me, a place in my mind, in the world, in my own skin, which is just the right place for my soul to settle and be happily content.

I have lost 6 kilos this year to date. Though the last month or so, I have come to a stand still with the weight loss. I have had plantar faciitis, which has been increasingly painful, and for the last 3-4 weeks, I have stopped walking, unless necessary, due to the pain in my foot. But since seeing the doctor, I have been stretching/massaging it out and it's gotten sooo much better.

So, I am going to start with walking again, to try and kick-start weight loss happening again. I am also going to cut out sugar in my coffee and tea, and I need to drink more water. I'm also making sure I eat a decent breaky (lately it's been over night oats with almond milk, crushed  linseeds and almonds, peanut butter and some dark chocolate), which has been easy in the school holidays, since we're home and I can focus on healthy, instead of easy, which is what I do when we're doing the school days thing.

I am feeling a bit of anxiety over my health and the need to be healthy. We have had a few friends experiencing health issues, which are likely due to being unhealthy/overweight, plus the fact that we're getting older and our bodies are just not as strong as they were in our early 30's and 20's. Whilst they haven't been horrifically serious problems, they have made me think of myself and WonderHubby and the fact that we're not doing ourselves (and especially our kids) any favours by being so unhealthy. It scares me to think something serious could happen to either of us, especially since we're each others biggest support.

I am happy with the slow progress I'm making, though. I want this to be a lasting and manageable change. I don't want to get to my goal and a few months later start piling weight on again because things got too hard to maintain. So, small changes will continue. And small goals. Eventually it will end up being big!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're making great progress! I think life will always have it's little ups and downs and moments where we are off track a little, as long as we know where we're headed and keep moving in that direction it's all good. xoxo

    ReplyDelete