Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Slow road to change

Ok so this is my first blog post ever. I am a blogging virgin, amongst other things. I thought a blog might help me with some changes I want to make in my life. Maybe documenting stuff and thinking about it will help me to focus and grow. Maybe not, but it's worth a try.
There are a few things I want to focus on in particular. Those being losing weight and getting fit (this is a big one!), being a better parent, and finding me. I seem to have gotten lost in the fat rolls and sleepless nights that are being a mum. I don't do alot for myself right now. It's all about my kids, doing stuff for them, being with them and life revolves around THEM!
Admittedly they are only little still; my eldest, Bear Bear (or Bear/BB)-is 5, then there's Little Dude (or Dude)- who is 3 1/2 and lastly Buggity Boo (or Buggy)- is 15months old. They all still need me. A lot. Though life is getting easier with each day.  I am finding some time in the day (most of the time) where I can sit and have a cuppa without someone demanding something. I can sit on the loo without someone 'helping' or little fists pounding on the door demanding to be let in.
But we also still have sucky days when it all turns to shit. Sleep is still an issue, or the lack of it. My children seem to be allergic to sleep until they're about 3. Buggity Boo still wakes anywhere between 2-6 times a night. Bear sleeps through most nights, and Little Dude is hit and miss, some nights he's up 2-3 times or so, some nights not at all. Most nights I'm up 3-4 times, and then we start the day at around 5-5.30am. I am so not a morning person, so 5am is a killer for me. And I need a good amount of decent sleep, which I just don't get the majority of the time.
Anyway as you could probably tell by the detail and amount I go on about it, sleep's a big issue for me. I try to ignore  it, and most days I can now, but it has caused big issues for me since becoming 'mum', post natal  and ante natal depression and anxiety being the most prominent things.
And due to all of that, I guess- becoming mum, not sleeping, developing depression and anxiety, I have lost me along the way. I have no idea who I am or what I want or like or 'do' other than being mum and wife and head 'house' honcho. But I have seen glimpses of me lately. Which is part of my inspiration for creating a blog. To figure out things for me. Not necessarily always including the kids. Or even the hubby. I need to take some control back in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good my love! I'll be here quietly supporting you and watching you (not in a stalkerish way though haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, you can stalk me Mel. So far you're the only person I've told about my blog!

      Delete